Comfortable & Cozy Work/School/Space
Working from home? Kids home? Get FREE advice on creating a comfortable 'work/school' space anywhere in your home.
Turn any bedroom into a stress-free work zone. Watch your kids while you work or sit in a comfortable chair with your laptop while they homeschool.
Here is what I did in this room:
- Off-white paint for a calming, distraction-free space
- Create separate work and play/relax/sleep areas
- Use warm, neutral furniture wherever possible
- Sparingly add art, accessories and carpet in the same tones
- Art, accessories and carpet can be swapped out without changing furniture
Paint Durable Area Rugs Desk/Chair/Shelves/Lamp/Clock Reachable Outlet Bookcase/Shelves 1-2 Chairs/Table or End Table Floor Lamp Chest or Storage Bin Wall Art Accessories Window Treatment Ceiling Light Fixture/Fan w/Dimmable Switch Accessible Outlets
Any dining space can also make a cozy work/study space for books or laptops and tablets. These examples are clutter-free and have good lighting. Keep supplies in the draws nearby.
Tuck in that awkward space under the stairs!
Bright, cozy and storage - perfect!
A large kitchen island with seating makes a great spot to work and watch the kids.
May 29th, 2020